This is the time when fire works go off outdoors and indoors.
Danger, danger to pets, kids and adults alike.
How to best protect yourself against a fire?
If you can get away from a fire and call the fire services of course.
Alternatively, grab the right kind of fire extinguisher and start fighting it.
Now which is the best fire extinguisher on the market?
We searched high and low to present you with the Tectro fire extinguisher.
Why is it so much better?
1. These fire extinguishers can be tilted, held sideways or even upside down, so that fires underneath objects such as wardrobes or car seats can be extinguished.
– other fire extinguishers have to be held upright
2. The extinguishing agent does not re-light or re-ignite, as some other extinguishing agents do.
– did you know that other fire extinguishing liquid can re-ignite?
3. All of the Tectro fire extinguishers can deal with electrical fires from a distance of 1m, in addition to other types of fire.
– most other fire extinguishers can only deal with one type of fire.
4. The extinguishing liquid in most of our extinguishers is bio degradable, the bottles can be chucked in the bin once their life cycle is up.
5. Instead of aerosol or other potentially toxic propellants, this fire extinguisher uses a non-toxic, patented pressure system to push out the extinguishing liquid.
– Manufacturers have introduced less toxic new families of chemicals containing no chlorine or bromine, called hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs). But lacking Br or Cl atoms, the HFCs cannot disrupt the combustion reaction to the same degree. HFCs extinguish fires in a manner similar to CO2 or N2–by
absorbing heat and reducing the concentration of oxygen.
8. All fire extinguishers can be used with one hand.
– all other extinguishers need to be held upright and are heavy and therefore require the use of both hands (booh)